Quirky Tech Talk: The "Coast To Coast" Edition

Are you ready for your weekly dose of Nerdology? Let's go.

As someone who is immersed in the world of social media and technology, I sometimes forget just how much knowledge I've acquired compared to those who don't have online jobs. Household names to me are still not being recognized on a popular scale.

Therefore, every week I will be putting together features of some quirky creatives and techies that I think are killing the game, as well as some innovative businesses that you should definitely pay attention to. Be prepared to level up your life and expand your knowledge of all of the cool, slightly nerdy things going on online. Class is now in session!

Creators That We Can't Get Enough Of
Daghe of DAGHE + DIGITAL
It's hard to put Daghe in a box when it comes to what he does at a profession. I've seen him on social media doing a collective of design and musical work, but if someone were to ask me what he did, I wouldn't be able to give you a one or two word answer. Looking for solace, I went to his website hoping to find a job description in his bio; however, I was greeted with the following:

"DAGHE CURRENTLY DOES NOT HAVE  A BIO.....HE JUST BE DOING A BUNCH OF RANDOM SHIT AND   KEEPIN IT LIT WITH HIS WOES !"

Soooo...we'll just call him a creative. Just kidding. I did a bit more digging and found out that he is the creative director of The Mindstyle Company, as  the DJ and founder of #MoreVibes.
In the Bay Area and want to keep up with the coolest parties on the block? Make sure to follow Daghe on Instagram.

Innovative Business Love

If you are a fashion lover from NYC, it's highly unlikely that you don't already know about Public School. Founders, Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne, have clothed several of our favorite artists including Alicia Keys and Nas. 
The New York-native brand, Public School, wins the innovation award this week, not only because of the brands modern and impressive online presence, but also because of the brands creative collaboration with tech company, Fitbit. With the creative direction of Public School, the exercise tracking device is more stylish than ever.

Aurelius With The Links
By now, many of you are becoming familiar with my photographer, Joshua Aurelius Galloway of Aurelius Creates.

Joshua is not only a photographer, but also a brand identity graphic designer and the co-owner of a wooden bow-tie e-commerce shop, Neck of The Woods.

Therefore, I decided to bring on this fellow creative entrepreneur to help you stay in the know of what is going on in the world of technology, photography and graphic design.

Links Of The Week:
  • Are you a design student or person interested in typography that wants to learn or brush up on their typography terminology? Let me introduce you to Type Terms, the animated typographic cheat sheet.
  • Want to play all of your music from iTunes, Soundcloud, Spotify and YouTube all in one place? Let me introduce you to Sylo. Finally, someone created an all-in-one app!
  • Are you a creative, freelancer or graphic designer who is trying to put together a resume? Trust me, I know it's a struggle. This article definitely helped me out.

Thanks for tuning in to this week's Quirky Tech Talk. See you next week for your dose of nerdology.
 photo www.GIFCreator.me_VNQbu6_zpsvg3sfq8t.gif

About Us

Quirky, Brown Love is a media outlet for quirky, brown millennials. EST 2014.

Email Bryanda Law, Editor-in-Chief
editor@quirkybrownlove.com