The Monthly Healing- Month One

When was the last time that you took time out for healing?
I've recently reflected on how important healing is for progression. Healing from childhood trauma, past relationships, lingering words from negative people, troubling self-inflicted thought patterns. As the emotions weary, so does the body. When the body wearies, motivation to anything goes out the window. Depression wraps you in its arms like an ex-lover and the numbness settles in as you look out the window wondering where your emotions went. 
Healing is important.
Photo credit: Whitney Mitchel of TwoMacks
Before we jump fully into this month, let's make sure that we have healed and recovered emotionally from the last month. Today, I come to you with an affirmation, a meditation and a prayer.
An Affirmation
Today I affirm
-My happiness matters
- I am not required to entertain toxic relationships
- investing in myself takes priority
                                                                 -alex elle
A Meditation
Meditation is something that benefits me greatly; however, I always feel like I don't have time for it. As a very anxious person, my mind is always racing, so it takes a lot of concentration for me to get in the zone for meditation. I found this series of short meditations and it has helped me find time tremendously. Sometimes I'll even do these meditations from Bexlife in my car depending on how anxious I am. Here is a meditation for those who are worried, anxious and stressed.
If you are a beginner in meditation or have always wanted to try it but don't know where to start, these two ladies share how they meditate.
A Prayer
Whether or not you believe in a higher power, you can still pray. Praying out loud and acknowledging your struggles and desires even to yourself has power.
The Prayer
"Enlighten in me all that is dark. Strengthen what is weak in me. Mend what's broken. Bind what's bruised. Heal what's sick in me and lastly, revive whatever peace and love has died in me. Amen"
May this month be a month full of progression and self-actualization.
 photo www.GIFCreator.me_VNQbu6_zpsvg3sfq8t.gif

About Us

Quirky, Brown Love is a media outlet for quirky, brown millennials. EST 2014.

Email Bryanda Law, Editor-in-Chief
editor@quirkybrownlove.com