Quirky, Brown Love Partners With EleVen by Venus Williams

A woman that I have always admired is Venus Williams. As a former athlete myself, Venus along with her sister, Serena Williams, were the best examples I had of powerful women dominating the sports arena.


I could write a week's worth of blog post to try to summarize all of Venus Williams accomplishments; however, this is not the reason that I am excited to partner with her brand.

Quirky, Brown Love is partnering with the EleVen by Venus Williams brand because of the values that Ms. Williams holds close to her character.

Williams grew up in Compton, CA and despite her surroundings, fell in love with the sport of tennis. Later, her family relocated to Florida where she and her sister attended a well-known tennis academy. As tennis is a sport not typically played by people of color in America, I can only imagine what people thought seeing two Black girls with braids and beads walking onto tennis courts and dominating the scene.
Venus Williams has been changing the world of tennis for over two decades. Now as she plays her hand in the world of entrepreneurship through athletic wear, I am honored to have Quirky, Brown Love as one of her ambassadors.

Why Venus Williams Created EleVen by Venus
"I've always felt active wear was limited. On the court, I struggled to find clothing that allowed me to express myself the way I could with the never-ending supply of ready-to-wear options. Add to that a fierce desire to motivate people to move their bodies and the idea of EleVen was born. Arming myself with a degree in fashion, I set out to create something that would represent much more than I could ever acheive on the tennis court: clothing that allows you to express your individuality, cultivate strength and confidence and makes you feel good every time you put it on."

The Significance Behind EleVen
"The name EleVen represents how I strive to live everyday- that is, without limits. In our world, '10' is just another number, but EleVen is a lifestyle- it;s about challenging your status quo, embracing positive change, and pushing beyond whatever is holding you back from living your idea life. We all have stories about reaching seemingly impossible goals, especially in the face of fear and  doubt. Being an EleVen is about making those stories the rule, rather than the exception. Ask yourself, 'What else is out there for me?' Not sure? Good. Get up and go find out."
EleVen by Venus Williams
EleVen by Venus Williams
Photography by Joshua Aurelius Galloway

 What this partnership means for you as a Quirky, Brown Love reader
I never want you as my reader to feel like I am being fake with you. Every brand that I partner with is one that I personally use and/or one that has a mission that speaks to my heart. The EleVen by Venus Williams brand is both (you may remember me mentioning the brand on my Holiday Gift Guide long ago). Therefore, with this partnership you can expect the following:

  • Trustworthy reviews of clothing sent from the EleVen by Venus Williams brand
  • An exclusive special discount code: use "quirky" at Eleven by Venus Williams for 10% off 
  • A Giveaway just in time for the holidays
  • Health tips on how to incorporate fitness into your life an entrepreneur
  • Access to an intimate interview with Venus Williams

EleVen by Venus Williams
Our favorite pieces from the brand so far

Thank you for supporting the brands that support Quirky, Brown Love. Please support this amazing woman-owned branded at elevenbyvenusvilliams.com.

 photo www.GIFCreator.me_VNQbu6_zpsvg3sfq8t.gif

About Us

Quirky, Brown Love is a media outlet for quirky, brown millennials. EST 2014.

Email Bryanda Law, Editor-in-Chief
editor@quirkybrownlove.com