Why I Only Wrote One Blog Post Last Week

Right after making an article about how to blog consistently, this "queen of consistency" only wrote one blog post last week. What gives?

If you don't know me by now, please know that I am a very transparent and honest person. I'm quick to admit my mistakes and call out my own shortcomings; however, when my good friend and hustle buddy called me out today about only writing one blog post all week, I was taken aback.

In my mind I had been working on my brand non-stop, but I realized that not a lot of that was translating to my actual blog. After reflecting on the time that I spent on my brand, I realized that I have been experiencing some necessary growing pains. I've been feeling so anxious lately and my stomach has been in knots because of how overwhelmed I've been getting.

I know that the press has made becoming a creative entrepreneur the "thing to do" for the millennial generation, but being an entrepreneur is a lot of hard work and can easily drain you of your energy (...you were right, Drake). 

I've been finding myself to be so fatigued on days that I haven't done much physical activity because I am using up so much brain power. As an entrepreneur, it is so easy to drive yourself insane focusing on what you have not yet accomplished. Rarely do we ever marvel in the already written list of accomplishments.

This week, I tried to stop taking myself for granted. I allowed myself to recognized all of the hard work that I had already accomplished.
I binge-watched a few shows on Netflix, I got back on my workout-yoga-meditation grind, hung out with my line sisters that were in town, and took a mini staycation at the Aloft Hotel in RDU. I purposefully put myself in situations that forced my mind to stop thinking so hard. I told myself that even if I stopped blogging tomorrow, I had already accomplished enough and allowed myself to relax.

Another thing that I realized was that just focusing on the content of my blog was keeping me small, therefore, I had to stop consuming what was making me small.

After my short mental vacation, I got back to building up my brand. The Lord has blessed me with so many opportunities that I will be unveiling in the coming months, so I've been working hard to keep up. I'm making sure that a part of my business plan is continuing to level up. Therefore, here are a few things that you can expect from Quirky, Brown Love for the rest of 2016:

1. More personal stories
One day I woke up and realized that I was my target audience for Quirky, Brown Love. I grew up as a first generation eclectic Black kid from suburbs and was constantly teased at both school and the family cookouts for my taste in music and interesting style. Thankfully, I've partnered up with an amazing photographer in North Carolina, Joshua Galloway, that is helping to capture my quirky essence as I open up about my personal life.
2. Podcast Appearances 
I was recently interviewed for the Dreams in Drive Podcast by Rana Campbell and it was such an amazing experience. In that episode, I had the opportunity to tell my truth and how I turned my heartache of not getting into medical school the first time I applied into what Quirky, Brown Love is today.

3. New staff
I'm so excited that I am bringing on a few interns and writers for the rest of this season! The first time that I brought on staff, I had no idea what I was doing, so I am looking forward to doing better this time around.

4. Partnering with brands
If you have been a long time reader of the blog, you know that I rarely try to sell you things and that is not going to change. I am kind of a snob with what brands I decide to partner with, so I am excited that I have landed some fudgin' fantastic brand sponsorships and ambassadorships that will allow me the opportunity to introduce you to some innovative products and show you how I've already been using them in my daily life. Don't worry, I'll never make you question my integrity. I'm all about keeping it real.

5. Off site events
That's right ladies and gents, Quirky, Brown Love is going offline! A lot of people have been watching my Instagram Stories and have been messaging me about how to build there brand. Because of this, I have decided to do a small blog tour to meet other creatives and have some in-person Q&A time.

6. Eh, nothing. I just really hate the number 5.
Sorry. I'm kinda sorta into my own version of numerology and the number 5 has never brought me any good luck.

So in summary, while I didn't write to much on my blog last week, I've been putting energy elsewhere throughout my brand so that I can grow.

How are you leveling up your brand this month? Are you going through any growing pains?

About Us

Quirky, Brown Love is a media outlet for quirky, brown millennials. EST 2014.

Email Bryanda Law, Editor-in-Chief
editor@quirkybrownlove.com