Quirky Tech Talk: The "Debut" Edition

Are you ready for your weekly dose of Nerdology? Let's go.

As someone who is emersed in the world of social media and technology, I sometimes forget just how much knowledge I've acquired compared to those who don't have online jobs. Household names to me are still not being recognized on a popular scale.

Therefore, every week I will be putting together features of some quirky creatives and techies that I think are killing the game, as well as some innovative businesses that you should definitely pay attention to. Be prepared to level up your life and expand your knowledge of all of the cool, slightly nerdy things going on online. Class is now in session!

Creators That We Can't Get Enough Of

Gary Williams and Tamon George of Creative Theory

About Creative Theory: We are visual content creators, who build innovative campaigns and social strategies.
About Gary Williams: Gary has worked as a professional photographer for nearly a decade. His journeys have taken him from coast to coast in the United States to the Serengeti in Africa. Gary has been featured both as a model, and photographer in GQ magazine and has served as a campaign catalyst for some of the best known brands in America.
About Tamon George: Tamon has worked as a digital strategist and analyst for more than five years and completed his MBA with a focus on digital strategy. Tamon, originally from Canada, has a diverse background in digital strategy and content creation as a photographer and social media campaign strategist.

Brittany Melton of XOBritDear.com
About Brittany: I'm a logo and website designer (of 9 years) specializing in all things branding for beginners who use WordPress and Squarespace. I love being a part of new passion projects, and blogs. The launch phase is always the best!I help bloggers launch their new blogs with my blog program #flourish30.

Random Facts About Brittany: I'm an RPG gamer. Almost all my characters are named Pika Brit.I only wear black clothes (though colored accessories are fair game). Hayao Miyazaki is my art hero. I started my first business as a jewelry designer.

Innovative Business Love
Grovemade recently released a new domestically-sourced hardwood speaker system and I am swooning hard. I've been imagining these wooden speakers being on my work desk ever since they were introduced earlier this month.

Coupled with a 2x25W amplifier, the back-loaded horn design of the Speaker System reinforces the low frequencies, while the 2” full range driver delivers coherent mids and sparkling highs without the use of digital signal processing.

Each wooden speaker shell is precision machined from solid, domestically sourced walnut or maple hardwoods using Autodesk’s Fusion 360TM software in Grovemade’s Portland-based workshop.

The company is a one-stop-shop for collectibles that you can use to make your Pinterest worthy dream desk.
Shop Grovemade now.
Aurelius With The Links
A lot of you guys have been Insta-stalking my photographer, Joshua Aurelius Galloway of Aurelius Creates (don't worry, I don't blame you). 

Joshua is not only a photographer, but also a brand identity graphic designer and the co-owner of a wooden bow-tie e-commerce shop, Neck of The Woods

Therefore, I decided to bring on this fellow creative entrepreneur to help you stay in the know of what is going on in the world of technology, photography and graphic design.

Links of The Week:
  • Ever look at a picture and wonder what type of camera was used to take it? If so, Exif Data will be your new favorite tool.
  • I know that you have had the urge to send an email in the middle of the night because you were afraid that you would forget about it come morning. Instead of typing up a message and putting it in Drafts, get Streak by Google Apps. It lets you schedule posts AND see when someone has read your emails. Don't abuse the power you now have.

Thanks for tuning in to this week's Quirky Tech Talk. See you next week for your dose of nerdology.

About Us

Quirky, Brown Love is a media outlet for quirky, brown millennials. EST 2014.

Email Bryanda Law, Editor-in-Chief
editor@quirkybrownlove.com