Street Etiquette Is Telling The Stories Of Black Men and Women Through Style

Very often, I come across a visual that catches my attention. It is rare, however, that I come across a collection of photography that make me want to know more about the visual artist behind the concept.
I discovered the work of Joshua Kissi and Travis Gumbs on social media by chance and found myself spending my whole afternoon going through their visuals, escaping to the creative narratives created in each photograph, short film and painting.
I couldn't help but want to know more about the people behind these stunning images, so I did more research and learned about their passion project turned creative agency, Street Etiquette. Two of my favorite projects that have come from Street Etiquette are there short film, Slumflower and their campaign for Starbucks below.
About Street Etiquette
Joshua Kissi and Travis Gumbs are the creators of the popular men's lifestyle website turned creative agency, Street Etiquette.  Founded in 2008, Street Etiquette tells stories through style, using a cultural, historical and urban perspective. With sartorial influences stretching from all parts of the world and eras, Street Etiquette has managed to assemble a truly unique view of fashionable menswear and story-telling.
Street Etiquette has been featured in magazines such as GQ, Complex, Essence and Fantastic Man.  As a multi-disciplinary agency they are now building a strong client base with clients such as Adidas, Starbucks and the U.S Open.
On Creating Art
Sometimes I forget how much work it takes to create an image. Sitting down with Jas I realized how long it took to do the base layer of a portrait. There's something about working with your hands that is irreplaceable.

On the thought of falling
"Don't we all feel like this sometimes? -- then we realize everything is going as planned. Keep striving and keep falling...Embrace the fact that we don't have to know the next three steps in life, but focus on taking full advantage of the moment at hand. "
Make sure to keep up with future project's on the Street Etiquette Instagram and to hire them for your branding needs at StreetEtiquette.com.

About Us

Quirky, Brown Love is a media outlet for quirky, brown millennials. EST 2014.

Email Bryanda Law, Editor-in-Chief
editor@quirkybrownlove.com