When You Start Telling Yourself Life is Beautiful, Don't Be Surprised When It Actually Is

Daily Affirmations
by Meagan Faison
“The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.” ~ Oprah Winfrey

At the beginning of this year, I decided that I wanted 2016 to be a year of change. I realized that the biggest thing that I needed to change is my way of thinking. Think positively, live positively. Seems easy enough. But I’ve found that speaking positively and encouraging yourself is a major key.

I consider myself a more spiritual person than a religious person, but Joel Osteen is without a doubt my favorite preacher. I love him because he is less preachy and more into optimism and encouragement. He’s all about speaking positivity into your life and affirming your destiny. Figuring out what you want and need, speaking it into existence, and watching it manifest.

To affirm something is to declare it to be true. Whether we’re aware of it or not, the words we speak are like bricks laying the foundation of our future. 

Affirmations are specific phrases that you can say to focus on the things in life you want to achieve and overcome negative thoughts. You can use them any time of the day, in any situation, as constant internal  motivation. By using the affirmations on a daily basis you are subconsciously rewiring your brain for happiness and success. Studies have shown that incorporating positive affirmations into your life has a significant impact on your self-esteem, your work-ethic and even your health.

Like anything, it’s just getting in the habit of using them. As part of my daily morning routine (after I do my yoga of course), I’ve incorporated a daily affirmation. I have a positive sequence that I’ll say that touches on every part of my life from my career, to my love life and relationships, my health, my finances and just my overall well being.
Daily Affirmations
Everyone has their own things in their life that they are hoping for.  Here are some affirmations that you can incorporate into your day to get started:

  • I am a beautiful being living an amazing life.
  • I am strong and confident. 
  • My mind, body and spirit are peaceful.
  • An aura of perfect well-being surrounds my body and mind.
  • I am full of light and all the positive energy of the universe.
  • My dreams are materializing before my eyes and I have divine favor.
  • I let go of the past, and am fully present in the now. 
  • I am full of love and the right people are coming into my life for me to share that love. 
  • I forgive those who have harmed me in my past and peacefully detach from them.
  • My ability to conquer my challenges is limitless; my potential to succeed is infinite.
  • I am brave and ready to take on new experiences. 
  • My dreams are being supported by the universe.
  • Obstacles are moving out of my way and my path is directed towards greatness.
  • I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening, and will happen.
  • I follow my intuition to make the right choices for myself. 
  • I  grateful for each new day I am given to grow, learn and love. 

Pull from this list or create your own affirmations that are tailored perfectly to your own life. I challenge you to use your affirmations for 2 weeks, and see how you’re energy changes. Let the positive vibes flow! 

About Us

Quirky, Brown Love is a media outlet for quirky, brown millennials. EST 2014.

Email Bryanda Law, Editor-in-Chief
editor@quirkybrownlove.com