#NYFW Insider: Recap of New York Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2016

New York Fashion Week
New York Fashion Week is officially over and words cannot not explain how blessed I feel to have been a part of it. 
I attended February 10th-February 13th and in those few days my schedule was jammed with so many exciting presentations and parties, all of which had an open bar (the fashion homies were definitely looking out for the media hood). Luckily, I was invited to several events though some overlapped. Check out a recap of my short week at NYFW below:

THRIVE CAUSEMETICS- FEBRUARY 10TH @ MIDTOWN LOFT
So I have to admit, I came pretty late to this event. We had just driven 8 hours (yes, we drove); however, this was definitely an event that I did not want to miss. Thrive Causemetics (a play off the word "cosmetics") has a mission that for every product that is purchased, they will donate one to a woman going through cancer treatment. I met the lovely founder, Karissa Bodnar above at the end of the night and I could tell that we were both exhausted. She had been walking around with her shoes off when I asked her for a picture, so I joined her and took my shoes off too! Now, that's real.

LADASKA MECHELLE- FEBRUARY 11TH @ AVE OF THE AMERICAS
LADASKA MECHELLE, New York Fashion Week
LADASKA MECHELLE, New York Fashion Week
The next day, we attended the Ladaska Mechelle event and I ran into my blogger buddy, Charell Star of Not Just A Girl In A Dress. This presentation was very exclusive with only a few members of the media in attendance, including a German new station, ProSieben. The model in the above picture in the far left is German TV personality, Hana Nitsche. Isn't she gorgeous? Speaking of gorgeous, every model in the presentation was absolutely slaying. Talk about #formation.
Charell Star and Bryanda Law
SIX 02 & CARAVAN STUDIOS VIP LOUNGE @ THE GREGORY HOTEL 
Nike Cherry Blossom Line SIX 02
In between events, I had a chance to stop by the VIP Lounge by Caravan Studios to hang out with SIX 02, a Nike Women's shoe boutique. Just look at these sneakers from The Cherry Blossom line! The ladies at Caravan also hooked me up with a complimentary manicure which was definitely a great way to relax from the hustle and bustle of NYC. 
MIXOLOGY CLOTHING COMPANY- FEB 11TH @ W NEW YORK 
Mixology Clothing, New York Fashion Week
Mixology Clothing Company is a fashion corporation that helps the every day woman feel confident in her style without breaking her bank. The #HowIMix event was held at the super swank ballroom of the W New York in Union Square. Praise God for the free food and open bar! It was the perfect compromise for having to walk blocks from the subway in the subzero weather.
Mixology Clothing
Mixology Clothing
Mixology Clothing
TY HUNTER'S TY-LITE LAUNCH PARTY- FEB 12TH @ WALLPLAY
Bryanda Law and Beyonce's Stylist, Ty Hunter
I had an absolute blast at the Ty-Lite Launch party. For those who don't know, Ty Hunter is a celebrity fashion stylist (most notably for Beyonce and Destiny's Child) and he is the creator of the Ty-Lite, the protective light up phone case. Just imagine a ring light for you phone! I definitely plan to get one after I decide to upgrade to the iPhone 6.

TEXTURE ON THE RUNWAY- FEB 13TH @ CITI WINERY
The Texture on The Runway event was absolute curl perfection! It was like the Oscars for natural hair, minus the awards. Famous natural hair stars like Taren Guy, Chime Edwards, Naptural 85, Hey Gorjess and many more were in attendance, and the event was hosted by NaturallyCurly founder, Michelle Beyer and Patrice Yursik of Afrobella.
Garnier Fructis, Texture on the Runway
Texture on the Runway, CURLS
Texture on the Runway
Texture on the Runway
Texture on The Runway
Chime Edwards
Bryanda from Quirky, Brown Love and Whitney from Naptural85
Patrice Yursik from Afrobella and Bryanda from Quirky, Brown Love
Family, friends and internet friends: thank you so much for staying tune with my adventure and for keeping up with me on social media. Make sure to check out my new Instagram for more!

About Us

Quirky, Brown Love is a media outlet for quirky, brown millennials. EST 2014.

Email Bryanda Law, Editor-in-Chief
editor@quirkybrownlove.com