The Melanated Bosses Series: Amaris Clements of Pretty Lane

Becoming a successful entrepreneur is about perfecting time management, building and maintaining relationships, and of course, having a passion for the product or service you provide. In a time where anyone with a smartphone can become the next big thing, it sometimes feels as if the entrepreneurial playground is a bit too crowded, but one Atlanta diva keeps pressing forward with a vehement look to a successful future. Meet Amaris Clements of Pretty Lane.
 confident shirt.JPG
1. For those who don't know, please tell us about your entrepreneurial ventures!
My name is Amaris Clements, and I’m the CEO of an inspirational apparel company called Pretty Lane.  A portion of sales is donated to charities and individuals in need on a monthly basis.  The purpose of my brand is to promote positive messages and get people talking about the issues that are affecting our relationships and our lives. Supporters are creating their own lane while at the same time being a blessing to others.  Our motto is “Stylishly Giving for the Gracefully Living.’
2. You also host events. Tell us a little about those.  
Well everything is connected. It’s not just about wearing a cute sweatshirt that says Valuable, I want to show men and women they truly are valuable despite their circumstances. All my events encourage self-love and understanding self-worth.I hosted a Lupus Party, my Faith Over Fear Documentary and A Royal Conversation last year. A Royal Conversation had three parts, and topics included love, racism, suicide, depression, and religion. Questions were asked and answered and tears were shed. I strongly believe people left those events with a new perspective thanks to the talented men and women who served on the panels.
IMG_3322.jpg
3. Did you experience any unforeseen struggles when starting your business? 
Truth be told I did not realize how difficult it would be to get friends and family to genuinely support my brand. It can be hurtful at times, but it never prevents me from pushing forward. But I am more than thankful for the people who have consistently shown support. I know who really care about me and what I’m trying to accomplish.Pretty Lane Apparel Image.jpg
4. What inspires you to keep going? 
I am inspired by the lives that I have impacted in a positive way. I strive to be a good role model and blessing to others as much as possible. Knowing that I have left a lasting impression on someone, it makes all the long nights worth it.
5. What’s next on your business agenda? Are you planning to expand?  
I am currently looking for brand ambassadors to help in my efforts to spread the positive messages of my apparel. I plan to go into schools to get more involved with the youth and encourage them to wear the brand. We can all be a walking billboard of positivity.  I will continue to host empowerment events. I hope to see my brand continue to expand to places outside of Georgia.


6. You’re an entrepreneur who also has two other jobs. How are you managing everything? 
With lots of prayer and the help of a few really close mentors and family members. It’s a challenge, but everyday I’m blessed with new opportunities, and I will continue to move forward.
Pretty Lane Shirts.jpg
You can follow Pretty Lane Apparel on Twitter and Instagram, and if you’re interested in becoming a Brand Ambassador, please email Info@PrettyLaneApparel.com
Instagram:  Instagram.com/iamprettylane

About Us

Quirky, Brown Love is a media outlet for quirky, brown millennials. EST 2014.

Email Bryanda Law, Editor-in-Chief
editor@quirkybrownlove.com