How To Trick Your Family Into Thinking That You Have Your Life Together This Holiday Season

c/o Acorn and Crest
Doctor: Ma'am, it looks like you have a case of "the hustle".
Oh, what a year it has been!

From juggling three jobs, to applying to medical, to maintaining Quirky, Brown Love, I feel like I have absolutely not enough time in my day. I have transformed from a humble tea drinker to an outright coffee addict in the matter of a few months. It's really sad you guys. The Keurig has become my new best friend.

With the holiday season in full swing, most people can't wait to get to see their families and tell them all about their year. I, on the other hand, feel like I am coming out of my cave with baggy eyes, tangled natural hair and coffee stained teeth. If my family were to take a look at me now, they would say that I need prayer.



Luckily, I have already though this through and have come up with a game plan of how to trick my family into thinking that I've had the best year of my life:

1. I've started drinking more water with lemon and taking milk thistle
For the other coffee addicts out there, I suggest drinking 1 cup of water for every cup of coffee you have, in addition to the daily recommended amount of 8 cups. Also, milk thistle helps improve liver function (you know, for those 5 o'clock somewhere days after work). A clean liver helps detox your body and also can help clear your skin.

2. I'm buying a new outfit for the holidays
I don't know what it is, but something about wearing a new outfit boosts my confidence. I have an extra pep in my step and feel great about myself. Plus, it'll show my family that those three jobs are paying off.

3. I whiten my teeth to get rid of coffee stains
Recently I've been using the Crest 3D White Whitestrips 1-Hour Express Teeth Whitening Kit that I picked up from Walmart and it has been my saving grace! I've tried several at home whitening kits and this is by far the best one. It comes with 8 teeth whitening strips, both with top and bottoms and whitens your teeth in one hour. I've also been more cautious about the chemicals that I use for my beauty routine, so I was glad to see that Crest uses the same enamel-safe ingredients that dentists do. Another reason that I love these strips is because they seal and grip so tight that I can actually talk to people while I'm wearing them. Shoot, I could probably even drink more coffee, but I figured that would be counterproductive...

Tip: If you are trying to get that #HolidaySmile and decide to try the Crest 3D White Whitestrips 1-Hour Express Teeth Whitening Kit, make sure to buy them at Walmart.com so that you can take advantage of their awesome BOGO sale! You're welcome :)

Well, these are the ways that I'll be tricking my family into thinking that I've been getting 8 hours of sleep and eating a healthy, non-caffeinated diet this year. 
What secrets do you have to look your best during the holidays?


A big thanks to Acorn and #Crest for Walmart.com for partnering with me to put together this post!

About Us

Quirky, Brown Love is a media outlet for quirky, brown millennials. EST 2014.

Email Bryanda Law, Editor-in-Chief
editor@quirkybrownlove.com