Quirky, Brown Chick: Deja Monet

quirky definition
If I had it my way, all of the quirky, brown chicks of the world would come together, become friends and sing kumbaya while listening to Solange and drinking craft beer. Until that day comes, I present to you the Quirky, Brown Chick series. Meet Deja of The Deja Monet.
Ray Bans, Naturals Hair, Twists, Denim Jacket
1. How would you describe your personal style?
Unique and Ecletic. I like putting different pieces together that stand out to me.
2. What song are you vibing with right now?
I'm vibing to the song "30 to 30 Freestyle" by Drake.
3. What are you passionate about?
I'm passionate about making a name for myself and helping people. I value people who are individuals and strive for excellence.
4. Favorite place that you have traveled?
My favorite place would be Miami! Miami is gorgeous and the vibe is so relaxed and sexy. It's the perfect weekend getaway.
White Dress, Natural Hair, Gold Heels
5.Favorite pastime?
Playing old school video games such as Super Mario World, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Tomb Raider.
6. What is something about you that people wouldn't expect?
People think that I'm always mean because of my facial expressions but I'm actually the most down to earth people you will ever meet.
7. Tell us about your YouTube Channel!
My blog is about things that I'll reflect on. I'm very into Yoga, Media, and Beauty. Sometimes I'll talk about my own life and reflect on my experiences.
8. What/who inspires you?
My family, close friends, and my boyfriend inspires me the most. They are my biggest support system and I wouldn't know where will I be without them.
Ray Bans, Eyebrows, Hoop Earrings
9. What stereotypes about the Black community do you wish you could destroy?
That black women are viewed as a joke. Black women are very resilient and we have to stick together! Also the views about mental illness. We have to learn that black men and women can have mental illness. Also that it's okay to ask for help.
10. Anything else? 
For more about Deja Monet, here are my social media links and blog! Instagram: dejamonet_ Twitter: dejvmonet Snapchat: dejvmonet Tumblr: www.absolutd.tumblr.com Blog: www.thedejamonet.com

About Us

Quirky, Brown Love is a media outlet for quirky, brown millennials. EST 2014.

Email Bryanda Law, Editor-in-Chief
editor@quirkybrownlove.com