The Melanated Bosses Series: Ashley of Vanguard House

Inspired from the "Melanated Goddesses" movement, I present to you the Melanated Bosses Series: a series highlighting young, brown woman bosses from all over. Meet Ashley of Vanguard House.
1. For those who don't know, please tell us about your entrepreneurial ventures!
- Hello World ! My name is Ashley Wood Chin. I am a Miami based wardrobe stylist, I've worked with celebs,local models,clothing brands,fashion shows,music artist and much more. Recently I've launched Vanguard House which is a marketing/styling agency here in Miami.

2. So, the concept of your business seems so glamorous to most. What is a typical day like at The Vanguard House?
Well, it's a lot of work lol the business side isn't easy but its awesome having a team full of raw talented individuals who are just as motivated as you are.
3. How did you build your "dream team"?
- Well my good friend has her degree in Public relations and I was speaking to her about launching a marketing company because its something I'm great at and getting into that lane would be a great move business wise so I brought her on board and then I just seemed out other individuals for the spaces we needed to fill.
4. Did you experience any unforseen struggles when starting your business?
Yes definitely one of the hardest things especially in this generation is building a credible following, and having people take you serious. But as long as you have a blue print and believe in yourself plus keeping God first, you'll be good.
5.What inspires you to keep going?
A lot, mostly family but mostly myself i know what i want in life and it would just break my heart for me to quit.
6. What's next on your business agenda? Are you planning to expand?
Yes right now two of our clients in Los Angeles so we'd like to branch out and see whats out there in the world for us, I'm also relaunching my boutique 'Lux house mob" next year.
7. How did you determine your personal style/your brand?
Well my own personal style is very laid back/chilled,i don't wear any bright colors lol i stick to blacks/whites/nudes but when I'm styling my clients, I'll dress them OFF !!!
8. Any advice to any 20-somethings out there wanting to start their own business?
yes of course, i'd say definitely stay true to yourself, don't listen to the word no it doesn't mean anything. the world is filled with endless possibilities and nobody can stop you but you! if anyone wants to talk more feel free to contact me at my social media links below.

www.Vanguardhouse.com

Instagrams : @Ashley.lux | @thevanguardhouse
twitter: @itsashleylux

styling portfolio : http://ashleyachin.wix.com/ashleywchin


the shoot i attached was with music blogger @Crisdacat of miami new times.

twitter : @CrisDaCat
instagram: @crisdacat

gold bodysuit by: @jewelrybydanielle
and shoes by: @shoefeature

photos taken by:@anthonyosejo
styling by: @thevanguardhouse

About Us

Quirky, Brown Love is a media outlet for quirky, brown millennials. EST 2014.

Email Bryanda Law, Editor-in-Chief
editor@quirkybrownlove.com