Quirky, Brown Chick: Victoria Mason

Quirky Definition
If I had it my way, all of the quirky, brown chicks of the world would come together, become friends and sing kumbaya while listening to Solange and drinking craft beer. Until that day comes, I present to you the modern definition of quirky through the Quirky, Brown Chick series. Meet Victoria of The Budget Divaa.
Purple Lipstick, Denim Button Up, Hat, Black Tutu, Strappy Heels

1. How would you describe your personal style?
It's honestly so hard for me to describe my personal style as one day I can be dressed up like a girly princess & the next I'll be dressed as this edgy, mysterious girl in all neutrals. Overall what draws me to every single item that I purchase is that it's either a staple or it's unique like myself. I love being able to find something that most may not think would be cute & then twist it so that it's chic & fashionable. That being said, I'm all about pushing the envelope with my style, so sometimes I'm right on trend while other times I'm mixing things up with a twist that breaks all the fashion "rules".
2. What song are you vibing with right now?
I'm honestly loving All Eyes On Us at the moment. I'm loving the confidence that Nicki & Meek have in the song about their relationship despite the public critique. I feel it & it honestly just clicks for me.
3. What are you passionate about?
I'm really passionate about being a role model to young girls. In my opinion it's so imperative for young girls to see women who uphold their beliefs, express who they are, love who they are AND uplift other women around them. So often these girls see us not at our best & not pushing other women around us to be the best which just continues the circle of life. These young girls need to know they're beautiful, amazing & can be whatever they want while still rooting for another woman instead of knocking her. Because in reality, while we're knocking each other the gender gap between men & women is still growing. I'm all about focusing our youth on being equal counterparts & that starts with having a stable foundation of other women to support you.
Natural Hair, Grey Body Con Skirt, White T-Shirt

4. Favorite place that you have traveled?
I'd have to say New York City! I went this past Spring Break, (yes I went from the Spring Break capital of Miami to a cold climate for my holiday), and truly fell in love. When they say New York is a city that never sleeps they're definitely not joking. You can literally go to New York, never sleep & still never see the same thing twice which was truly amazing to see. I can't wait to go back!
5.Favorite pastime?
As a college student I'm definitely leaning towards sleep. But, I've realized that my absolute favorite pastime is those minutes that sometimes turn into hours BEFORE I go to sleep. Those times are when I get to reflect on my day, myself & my life which I think is so important. It's essentially my me time to just think freely & clearly.
6. What is something about you that people wouldn't expect?
I'd say that I'm a HUGE feminist, but that was probably given away in my previous answer. But another thing many people don't know about me is that my favorite color is orange. You'll almost never see me wear it but it's my absolute favorite!
Flower Wall, Teal Bag, Casual Fashion
7. Tell us about your blog!
I started my blog over a year ago just to showcase my thrifty finds & spread the word. Now, I've expanded my blog to be a one stop shop for fashion, beauty & life advice all on a budget!
8. What/who inspires you?
Being a recent initiate into Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, I'd say that this organization is one of the main entities that is truly inspiring me at the moment. To see the hundreds of thousands women all coming together towards common goals in the community while still being the mothers, doctors, police officers, businesswomen, etc. that they are just keeps me inspired to always do more.
Black Wig With Bangs, Flannel Shirt
9. What stereotypes about the Black community do you wish you could destroy?
Realistically I'd love if every single stereotype about the Black community was eliminated. The one that I've personally always wanted to destroy is the one that lightskinned people act better than darkskinned. Listen, we are ALL the same so let's not separate each other. I feel like within the Black community we make that divide bigger for absolutely no reason. If I'm not acting different, why single me out, you know? I just really want there to be a day where everyone of every shade in the Black community feels connected & included.
10. Anything else?
Shoutout to Bryanda for having an amazing blog & being my blog boo who always pushes me to do better. :) xoxo
Now for the shameless promotion LOL Site: www.thebudgetdivaa.com Instagram: www.instagram.com/thebudgetdivaa Youtube: www.youtube.com/thebudgetdivaa

About Us

Quirky, Brown Love is a media outlet for quirky, brown millennials. EST 2014.

Email Bryanda Law, Editor-in-Chief
editor@quirkybrownlove.com