Quirky, Brown Chick: Larisa Ejutemieden

Quirky, Brown Love | The Quirky, Brown Chick Series
If I had it my way, all of the quirky, brown chicks of the world would come together, become friends and sing kumbaya while listening to Solange and drinking craft beer. Until that day comes, I present to you the Quirky, Brown Chick series. Meet Larisa from Larisa's Diary.
Quirky, Brown Love | Larisa Ejutemieden
1. How would you describe your personal style?
I would say my style is versatile, I don't stick to a particular style because I am always attracted to different looks but I try as much as possible to dress really simple so people can relate and be able to recreate some looks.

2. What song are you vibing with right now?
I am Nigerian so my fav song right now is Shakitibobo by olamide and fav International song is Yoga by Janelle Monae.
Quirky, Brown Love | Larisa Ejutemieden
3. What are you passionate about?
The only thing I am really passionate about Is fashion, I love clothes and styling them in different ways, mixing with accessories and it truly makes me happy and I really cant wait to be done with school so I can do something I really love in the fashion Industry.
4. Favorite place that you have traveled?
I would say Disney land in Florida, loved that place and I really wanted to stay there and never leave.

5.Favorite pastime? 
My favorite pass time would be cooking, I love to cook, I learnt a lot on google and YouTube especially when I am bored, I'll just cook. Weird but I don't eat a lot of the food I cook lol.
Quirky, Brown Love | Larisa Ejutemieden
6. What is something about you that people wouldn't expect?
I am really tiny and petite in real life, a lot of people see me and they are like you look so big in pictures lol! 

7. Tell us about your blog! 
My blog Is a place where I can show my love for fashion, and show girls how to mix things up, style looks, restyle garments and basically wear outfits that are a confidence boost and also show how to pull off a stylish look.
Quirky, Brown Love | Larisa Ejutemieden
8. What/who inspires you?
Aimee from song of style, wendyslookbook and a lot of amazing top fashion bloggers Inspire me, they made me realize you can do anything you put your mind to as long as you have a passion for it.

9. What stereotypes about the Black community do you wish you could destroy?
The fact that the media makes the people in Africa look poor, In as much as there are people in some african countries that need help, It will be really nice if they showed the amazing wealthy part of these african countries because videos like that brings questions like "Do you have internet in Nigeria" and also the fact that they see us as dangerous people especially if you have a hoodie on in some places.
Quirky, Brown Love | Larisa Ejutemieden
10.  Anything else?
My favorite quote will be " If you start something with fear, before you go halfway you will fail" so anything you want to do, be courageous and have faith that you will succeed. And please visit my blog.

Instagram: larisa0
Twitter: larisa_lil 

About Us

Quirky, Brown Love is a media outlet for quirky, brown millennials. EST 2014.

Email Bryanda Law, Editor-in-Chief
editor@quirkybrownlove.com