Quirky, Brown Chick: Lhurve Davies

If I had it my way, all of the quirky, brown chicks of the world would come together, become friends and sing kumbaya while listening to Solange and drinking craft beer. Until that day comes, I present to you the Quirky, Brown Chick series. Meet, Lhurve Davies of her self-titled blog.
1. How would you describe your personal style?
My style is a fun mix of everything although I'm a bit more inclined to minimalist and vintage fashion. I also like experimenting although there are some things I'll never be caught in, for example, platform heels. Even the thought of wearing one of those things is terrifying.
2. What song are you vibing with right now?
Right now I'm really loving Classic Man by Jidenna.
3. Favorite place that you have traveled?
Britain. I love the cobbled roads, the food, the shops!, the buses which are ALWAYS on schedule (a rarity where I'm from) and of course, the picturesque scenery (handy when taking photos). What I don't like is the cold (brr).

4.Favorite passtime?
Watching movies (mostly sci-fi or comedy ) , reading (mostly sci-fi or comedy, lol) and shopping.
5. What is something about you that people wouldn't expect?
I love food! My first thought whenever I go somewhere is whether food is available or not. And I like cooking although not as much as I love eating. I'd rather be the person tasting this and that than being the cook.

6. What/who inspires you?
My family inspires me. My friends inspire me. Other fashion bloggers inspire me. Basically, I get my inspiration from anywhere and everywhere and I count myself fortunate for that because there are people who find it hard to be inspired at all.

7. What stereotypes about the Black community do you wish you could destroy? 
I wish I could destroy the stereotype that Blacks are inferior, especially Blacks in the so called third world countries.
8. Anything else? 
Live well, laugh hard, love everyone, think positive and remember to always keep the Faith- this is something I try to remember everyday  because I'm aware of how short life is and how frustrating things can get some times. My people say 'mi o raye nonsense' meaning I don't have time for nonsense. So I try to focus on the positives and make on the most out of everything. In a nutshell, I'm just me :)
You can follow me on Instagram: @lhurvedavies
Or on Twitter: @lhurved
And please check out my blog : www.lhurvedavies.blogspot.com

About Us

Quirky, Brown Love is a media outlet for quirky, brown millennials. EST 2014.

Email Bryanda Law, Editor-in-Chief
editor@quirkybrownlove.com