Brown Love Stories: Drea and Von

Hello, everyone! Meet the wonderful Drea from So She Writes and her husband, Von. I came across this couple after visiting Drea's awesome beauty and lifestyle blog! What a beautiful example of black love. Check out their love story below. Enjoy!
1. Names (Hers and His) 
Drea and Von

2. Ages ( Hers and His) 
29, 37

3. Length of relationship 
11 years, married 4 (on March 19, 2011)
4. How did you two meet?
Drea: We met at a football game my senior year of high school. Von says he was there lookinglike a million bucks, so I suppose his good looks swept me off my feet lol.He was there to see his cousin play, one of whom I was friends with. I knew of him... I had heard his name a lot around the way (which piqued my interest), but I had never met him personally. He was tall, had long hair, and was so charming. I played it off like I wasn't checking for him, but gave him my number anyway. After lots of talking back and forth on the phone and meeting up with each other, we started dating.

5. What makes your relationship "quirky" or unique?
Drea: We are complete opposites. He likes to ride horses, play basketball, and watch the History Channel in his spare time. I on the other hand, don't even know how to dribble a basketball or ride a horse lol. Our hobbies and livelihoods are very different, but we always seem to find a middle ground. He watches K­Drama with me from time to time, and I host watch parties for game night with his friends.
Von: Exactly. We have each other's backs, but in different ways. [Drea] is definitely more verbal when it comes to letting people know what the deal is. I'm more easy­going. It takes a lot to get me worked up.
Drea: Von definitely keeps me grounded. He's always as cool as a fan.
6. What is one quirky habit that you have learned about him?
Drea: He is very observant and analytical. He can be completely quiet in a room and observe everything that's going on with everyone. Later he can give you the full scoop about who said what, who did what and how everyone was interacting with each other. And everyone that meets him thinks he's so shy. And don't watch a movie with him... He will point out every inconsistency, from the setting to the writing. I'm so used to it now, I just roll my eyes like "okaaayyy." Babe let's just enjoy the movie. Haha.

7. What is one quirky habit that you have learned about her?
Von: She has a strange shopping habit­­­she can never have too many books or tubes of lipstick.Yeah, she has books and makeup everywhere. Lol. And she wants to know everything about everything­­very curious. If someone mentions something she doesn't know about, she is on her phone [google] to figure it out. If there is a book out about something she's interested in­all out of the blue, she has to read the book ASAP. And will spend all her free time reading the book until she's finished. She already reads so many books about so many different things as it is. She's random and eclectic. And I love it.
8. Quirkiest moment and/or adventure?
Drea: During my freshman year at WSSU, Von and I had the bright idea to go to Myrtle Beach for Valentine's Day (mind you, the beach is our favorite place to be). Nevermind the fact that we were scheduled for some pretty horrible weather. Needless to say, we went down to the beach and had a ball. On our return to Winston, however, we got stuck in a crazy snowstorm. He was stuck with me for a couple of days, had to call out from work and everything. The roads were a mess and I thank God we made it back to Winston safely. It's ironic how we tried to escape bad weather by traveling to the beach, and got caught out there in the eye of it. Looking back on it now, I realize how dangerous that could have been.

9. What will the back cover or your love story read?
Drea: Our love met somewhere between a Tupac CD and a 90's slow jam. (That's good and cheesy, isn't it? Lol)
Von: Through all of the hustle and struggle, we made it. And we will continue to make it, with God leading the way.

Make sure to check out Drea's blog, as well as to follow her on social media!


About Us

Quirky, Brown Love is a media outlet for quirky, brown millennials. EST 2014.

Email Bryanda Law, Editor-in-Chief
editor@quirkybrownlove.com