Brown Love Stories: Stephen and Ayesha Curry

One of our favorite young NBA 'celebrity' couples is Stephen and Ayesha Curry. Matt made me put 'celebrity' in quotations because he actually grew up with the Currys and Ayesha was a good friend of his sister. Nonetheless, Stephen, Ayesha are adorable and I am excited to share with you this amazing family!
Stephen and Ayesha met in their church youth group in Charlotte, NC and had been dating since 2008. They spent their first date together running around Hollywood, where Ayesha lived to pursue acting and Stephen visited for a basketball camp. Years later, Stephen proposed to Ayesha at his parents house, the site of their first kiss, and they married in the summer of 2011. Now, the couple has a beautiful daughter, Riley and have another baby on the way in a few months!

Watch this couple for a few minutes, and you'll have no doubt that they were meant for each other. They both have an interesting sense of humor and appreciate each other's quirks.

As popular as Stephen Curry has become, he makes sure that everyone knows that he wouldn't be where he is today without the help of his wife and family.

[Stephen Curry talking about Ayesha in his MVP speech]

"I gotta start with my wife. We met when we were 14, 15 years old in Charlotte, North Carolina, and the last seven, eight years have been amazing. We've both grown into adults, we've moved cross country together, started a new life, and you're my backbone. You allowed me to do what I do, to focus on my basketball, my career, and still have a family. The sacrifices you made are unbelievable. And I can't thank you enough for who you are as a person, how you challenge me, how you inspire me every single day. I have a beautiful daughter with one on the way. She's over there smiling at me.

"I love you so much that I can't thank you enough for just being there for me, day in and day out. Whether I have a good game or bad game, we lose or win, I go home and things are good. And that's comforting to know and I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you've done for me. You deserve a round of applause, for sure!"

The Curry family is definitely blessed and America can not get enough of them. Luckily for us, Ayesha records little snippets of their life on her vlog, Little Lights of Mine. Check out a few of my favorite videos of the Currys, including their adorable 'Husband Tag' video.


To see more of the inside life of the Currys, make sure to check out Ayesha's YouTube Channel. Also, make sure to support her online store, Little Lights of Mine.

About Us

Quirky, Brown Love is a media outlet for quirky, brown millennials. EST 2014.

Email Bryanda Law, Editor-in-Chief
editor@quirkybrownlove.com