Quirky, Brown & 20-Something Panel: "What is the Best Advice You Have Received in Your 20s?"

The Best Advice For 20-Somethings
The twenties are some of the most important years of a person's life.

You learn, your grow and you figure out that life may not be exactly what you thought it was. What you do in your twenties can define your whole life. Everyone could use some advice on how to best navigate your 20s, so I have put together a Quirky, Brown & 20-Something Panel of a few of my favorite bloggers to tell the best advice they have received:

Michelene, MicheleneJLife.com
 Michelene from Michelene J Life:  I was contemplating a business decision one time and my momma said, "You can never set your price to high." It's so true for business and life. There is always someone who is willing pay more money, more time, and more love. Know your worth.


Chelsea, RookieNotes.com
 Chelsea from Rookie Notes: You have to do what you're afraid of. You have to constantly challenge yourself, feel awkward, and do things you've never done to get to where you need to be. As long as you keep God first you have nothing to fear.

Amber, WhoisAmberJanae.com
 Amber from WhoisAmberJanae: Best advice as of late was from my fellow blogger Tyece. I've been feeling a bit guilty about living my life and not spending my off days writing as much. Her advice to me was: "Writers write, but writers also live. You should never be afraid to just live. When you take that time to go and do whatever it is that Amber Janae wants to do, that is still influencing your work and making you the writer you are. Don't feel guilty. Do it. And revel in it. And once you've reveled in it, let it influence and color your work in the way that it inevitably will."

Kelechi, TheKelFix.com
Kel from The Kel Fix (approaching 20): "Know Your Worth AND Add Tax To It."

Bryanda (me!): Currently, I am in the process of applying to medical school and it has definitely been an uphill battle. It has taken everything in my power to not just give up on this destiny. One day, I heard a motivational speaker say this quote and since then everything has changed. "Remember the days that you prayed for what you have now. If you saw the size of the blessing coming, you would understand the magnitude of the battle you're fighting."

What is the best advice you received when you were in your 20s?

About Us

Quirky, Brown Love is a media outlet for quirky, brown millennials. EST 2014.

Email Bryanda Law, Editor-in-Chief
editor@quirkybrownlove.com