Brown Love Stories: Tiffany and Joe

Hello, everyone!  I am excited to present to you a wonderful couple that I have had the pleasure of interviewing, Tiffany and Joe. I met Tiffany through BLMGirls and through her lifestyle blog, taste{FULL}. Their love story is one of true fate and perseverance. What a beautiful example of interracial love. I hope that you enjoy their story as much as I did!
1. Names (Hers and His) 
Tiffany and Joe DeLangie
2. Ages (Hers and His) 
Both 35

3. Length of relationship 
Married for 10 years. Met 16 years ago.


4. How did you two meet? 
We went to the same college and were on corresponding wings in dorms- “brother and sister wings.” We met at a function. He was so nice and chatting with my roommate- a gorgeous modelesque girl who I was sure he would end up falling in love with.

5. What makes your relationship "quirky" or unique? 
I’m going to be honest, while going through these questions I realized we’re pretty level headed- ahem -boring people!  I guess one unique thing about us is that we’re an interracial couple.  We’re both pretty open minded people but it’s safe to say we just assumed we’d fall in love with someone of our same race.  We dated on and off for a couple of years and then had a lengthy period when we weren't dating or even friends but once fate (or really-- God), brought us back together, we knew it was meant to be!  Now, 11 years and 3 kids later, we couldn't be happier. We've been through our share of trials, but our faith in God and commitment to one another has solidified and strengthened our marriage and family.


6. What is one quirky habit that you have learned about him? 
I don’t know if I would call it “quirky” but Joe is one of the most positive people I know. Once he puts his mind to something nothing can stop him. He was recently diagnosed with lymphoma and even while going through a complication ridden biopsy, chemotherapy, and hospitalization due to infection, he was so positive and brave. When he could have been falling apart he held our family together and never lost sight of his faith in God, nor did he lose his positive outlook. I am still in awe of how he handled such a profound trial.

7. What is one quirky habit that you have learned about her? 
She is an amazing mother to our three kids. That may not sound quirky, but she has always been very motivated and a high achiever, so being a stay at home mom was never something we thought would happen. She put a promising career on hold and I'm so grateful for all of the energy, effort, and love that she puts into the kids every day. 


8. Quirkiest moment and/or adventure? 
One quirky moment happened at a wedding planning event Joe and I attended while we were engaged. Our goal was to win a big cash prize toward our wedding.  We were one of several couples who were in the final rounds of a game similar to the newlywed game.  Even though the game was getting a bit raunchy we didn't leave. Hey- we wanted that cash.  While we were waiting our turn, the couples up on stage were asked what their fiancé did just after sex.  Back at our seats, Joe and I were whispering about what we would've said if that question had been asked of us…because we hadn't slept together.  We were waiting until we were married.  The announcer saw us whispering and came over with the mic.  He started teasing “uh oh- I see you two whispering. So what is it?  What does he do?!” My heart was beating fast…we were in a room full of strangers.  But I wasn't embarrassed that we were waiting- in fact I was proud.  So I took the mic and said “I wouldn't know. We haven’t slept together yet.” The announcer was a little speechless as was the rest of the room.  I suppose that is a bit quirky nowadays! The awkwardness subsided eventually and although we didn't win, at least we have a funny story to tell. ;)

9. What will the back cover or your love story read? 
“Two 19 year olds embark on a journey of saying “I do,” raising a family, hard times, great times, yummy meals, burnt dinners, living lean, living it up, praising God, and asking Him “why?” all the while laughing and loving each other day after day.”

I am officially in awe and in love with this family, and I know that you have to be too! Make sure to check out Tiffany's blog as well as to follow her social media sites!

I also found out that Joe has a blog called Walking Through Fire. Make sure to check that out too!

About Us

Quirky, Brown Love is a media outlet for quirky, brown millennials. EST 2014.

Email Bryanda Law, Editor-in-Chief
editor@quirkybrownlove.com