Brown Love Stories: Shamiya and Tevin

Hello everyone! I am excited to introduce to you an amazingly cool couple, Shamiya, the writer behind Miya Loves, and her husband, Tevin. Shamiya and Tevin have been together since Shamiya was in middle school and have been happily married for 3 years! What a beautiful example of black love. Please enjoy their story!

1. Names (Hers and His) 
Shamiya and Tevin

2. Ages ( Hers and His) 
21 and 23

3. Length of relationship 
8 Years
Us on Christmas eve night, TIRED! Worn Out!
4. How did you two meet? 
We lived in the same apartment community for 3 years and never once saw eachother until the 3rd year.  
He would come and meet his cousin at my bus stop..(I was in the 8th grade and he was a 9th grader) Eventually we started hanging out with the same people.

5. What makes your relationship "quirky" or unique? 
We have been together since we were 14, so we have grown up together, we have changed together.. We got married 3 years ago and we continue to grow with one another.We love to be funny ! We literally chase eachother around the house some days. Or we race eachother upstairs lol we are just weirdos who like to have a beer together and be laid back and comedic with each other. 

6. What is one quirky habit that you have learned about him? 
Don't let this dude get the remote because he's either going to turn to FLIX,FX,FXX & He WILL watch the same movie like 3 times and say "I missed the ending.".or... "I missed the middle".or... "I missed the first 20 seconds"
The day we got married. My hair was a MESS after straightening it - I was a mess and he's being a goofball.
7. What is one quirky habit that you have learned about her? 
She won't let me clean up! She's a stay at home mom and I work..If I try to straighten up the house she will most likely tell me "stop cleaning! I'll do it! This is what I do here!" It's our house but she's the Queen of the castle!

8. Quirkiest moment and/or adventure? 
This story could probably be rated R. A couple years back, we went to a resort with a few of his family members. We weren't paying for the resort so we actually had to share one small room with them. I was 19 years old so this was before I got pregnant so I was worried about me,myself and I! When we got to the resort it was beautiful! We started drinking and eventually me and Tevin started to argue and disagree with eachother because he thought me and his older brother were being too "turntup". So anyway, we argued.. I ended up getting SO drunk that I was walking around the resort by myself-mad. That could have been a disaster in itself. Eventually, I ended up falling asleep on a pool chair LOL. This was a big resort so I'm pretty sure 1,000 people saw me sleeping at 7-8pm. After a while my husband found me and we ended up making up. We went back down stairs to the pool/beach and we were the only ones out there. It ended up being sooo romantic and RATCHET!  We ended up going into one of those enclosed gazebo's and having the time of our life in that damn gazebo! We sat out on the beach and watched the water. We put our feet in the pool and talked. It was literally the most romantic, ratchet, fun, wild night of my life & obviously he enjoyed the night as well! 
Us 3 years ago when we got married on Feb 3rd 2012.. It was pretty chaotic (my hair & makeup) but we made it through.
9. What will the back cover or your love story read.
Me: What would the back cover of our love story say?
Him: ::Pelvic thrusts:: ... hm, I don't know.... "The Chosen Ones"??

..I guess it would say "The Chosen ones"
Lol.


Make sure to check out Shamiya's blog as well as her social media sites.

About Us

Quirky, Brown Love is a media outlet for quirky, brown millennials. EST 2014.

Email Bryanda Law, Editor-in-Chief
editor@quirkybrownlove.com