Brown Love Stories: Kriselle and Darrell

Hello, everyone! I am super excited to introduce to you a cute couple that I sought out to present to you today! Meet Kriselle, the blogger behind the blog Livin' and Lovin', and her boyfriend, Darrell. I am such a big fan of Kriselle's blog, so when I saw that she had a boyfriend, I had to ask her to be on my blog. I hope that you enjoy!

1. Name (hers and his) 
Kriselle & Darell

2. Age (hers and his)
20 and 22

3. Length of Relationship
4.5 years 

4. How did you two meet? 
Also, please include your links to social media if you would like!
We met at church through his cousin that invited him. Neither of us liked each other in that way when we first met, but over time as we got to know each other, that obviously changed, haha. Actually, I'm the one who initiated things! If you want to read the full, novel-style version of how we met & started dating, you can find that here


5. What makes your relationship "quirky" or unique? 
 Kriselle: What makes our relationship quirky are our inside jokes, most definitely. We have weird pet names for each other (he calls me a cozy banana, what?) and sometimes we'll have weird/stupid code words for things. When we talk about these things in public I feel like we're the weirdest people in the world but I love it because only he can get me and vice versa. 
Darell: Me & Kriselle's relationship is unlike any other and its nearly impossible to describe to someone from an outside perspective, we can truly be bestfriends/worstenemies to biggest fans/harshest critics.

6. What is one quirky habit that you have learned about him? 
 Man, this is a hard one... I'm not sure if I can pin point just one! Well, I guess I would have to say that sometimes I will do or say something really cheesy but sometimes Darell will go along with it and sometimes do it too! He works very hard to portray a certain image to the outside world that when he acts in these ways with me I almost fall in love with him more because it's different than how he normally is. He continues to surprise me every day. 
7. What is one quirky habit that you have learned about her? 
Surprisingly she eats a lot despite her small size.

8. Quirkiest moment and/or adventure?  
Kriselle: There isn't anything specific that comes to mind, but it's something along the lines of our food runs either to random places (like driving nowhere in particular and just deciding to find the nearest Island's) or at random times (going to the grocery store at 1 o'clock in the morning) and when we use video game references to get through life (like how he encouraged me recently by comparing our relationship to the weapons in a video game we used to play when we first started dating). 
Darell: A recent favorite memory was working black friday with her then just hanging out shopping, then going to Islands that night and ending the night with a movie. We were at the mall for 15 hours.

9. What will the back cover or your love story read. 
 "When you looked at their relationship as a whole, you would find yourself frequently asking, who would put themselves through all this crap for one person? But then you take a step back and look at all that 'crap' and realize how strong they've become in the process. They're here to prove them all wrong." 

Don't forget to check out Kriselle's blog as well as her social media sites.


About Us

Quirky, Brown Love is a media outlet for quirky, brown millennials. EST 2014.

Email Bryanda Law, Editor-in-Chief
editor@quirkybrownlove.com